Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Empowering shop-floor leaders to optimize energy performance By Matthew Littlefield, takes a look at the top challenges in achieving energy management including disparate systems, lack of measurement
capability lack of visibility.
- Tight Tolerance Is Critical for Top Quality and Superior Performance By Ken Glassen, talks about the major factors that impact tight tolerance including part design and complexity, material selection, tooling, and process design and control.
- Dust Explosion Standard Gets Significant Revisions By Steven J. Luzik, covers the changes imposed by the 2013 revision of the NFPA 654 “Standard for the Prevention of Fire and Dust Explosions from the Manufacturing, Processing, and Handling of Combustible Particulate Solids.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Comcast patent shows gesture controls for pay TV and home automation platforms By Steve Donohue, talks about how Comcast engineers have files a patent for technology that lets subscribers channel surf and even control the lights in their homes by using cameras and sensors that can detect gestures.
- Pace Of Cord-Cutting Growth Slows in Q3: Analyst By Jeff Baumgartner, summarizes reports that indicate that the rate at which cord cutters are stopping cable services is slowing but that the industry is still bleeding heavily.
- FCC Letter to Congresswoman Eshoo Posted on eshoo.house.gov, is letter providing the congresswoman an update of the number of complaints filed under the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act. The letter indicates that at least one trend is developing and has opened an investigation.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Hotel Impossible 3rd Season Recap, Hotel Lessons Learned By Stuart Smith M.B.A.,M.S., is a look back the 3rd season of Hotel Impossible and provides readers with a list of six hotel maintenance, housekeeping and management lessons that can be learned.
- Hospitality Complaints: Social Complainers By Matt Shiells-Jones, presents how to handle online reviews which can be devastating to a hotel if they are negative.
- The Consumerization of Hotel Software By Keith Gruen, discusses why new hotel software has difficulty breaking through years of legacy hotel software mentality.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.