Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- 7 Hotel Maintenance Changes You Want to Make By Stuart Smith talks about 7 changes that hotel senior managers should consider making regarding hotel maintenance.
- How to avoid disconnected energy projects By Peter Garforth discuses the importance of having a well thought out energy plan in order to combat rising energy costs as well as meet corporate and regulated energy
- IEA Sees Continued Nuclear Growth, Warns of Consequences If Reactor Use Falls By Nuclear Street News Team referencing the IEA’s 2011 World Energy Outlook forecasts the growth of global energy demand, which is expected to increase by one third in then next 24 years.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Will Google Upend Moldy Cable-TV Business Model? By Erika Morphy discusses rumors that Google is reportedly taking aim at one of the few digital screens and content sources it doesn’t dominate — paid television.
- How Cable Is Looking to Capture Startup Innovation By Todd Spangler talks about how cable operators are hoping to turn more toward Internet startups to help power new services and products.
- Net Neutrality Rules Dodge a Bullet By Jeff Baumgartner gives a brief update on the FCC’s network neutrality rule proposal.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Economy’s sad state forced lower forecast By Chad Church discussing the latest and gloomy forecast for the U.S. hotel industry.
- Hotel Industry on OSHA Radar By Paris Wolfe on the national implications of OSHA’a interest in the hotel industry.
- Energy Savings: Commodity Procurement By Gerrit Reinders
on how hotels can lower the $4 billion they spend on energy each year.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.