Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Park security – are you doing enough? Posted on parkworldonline.com, discusses park entrance security and the astonishing number of weapons being discovered.
- ASHRAE Publishes New Version of IAQ Standard Posted on buildings.com, recaps some of the highlights of the new standard 62.1-2013 including the definition of exfiltration, zone air distribution effectiveness and the quality of water used in humidification.
- Plan Now To Minimize Liability For Holiday-Party Misconduct By D. Albert Brannen, with 36% of employers reporting employee misconduct at holiday parties, legal risks increase without proper preparation.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cablevision Hits the Wall By Alan Breznick, discusses why Cable visions subscriber losses are happening and how this is really an issue for all cable MSOs.
- Block-Busted By Mike Farrell, reports on the final decision by Dish Network to close the last 300 Blockbuster stores.
- Comcast to target ads to individual subscribers watching linear programming By Steve Donohue, covers Comcast’s plans to deliver unique ads based on demographic profiles to connected devices watching linear programming.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- US hotel construction spending soars By Shawn A. Turner, notes that hotel construction spending is up nearly 30% and design firms (architecture firms) is also starting to pick up indicating a strong 2014.
- Hotel Impossible – Victorian Inn By Stuart Smith M.B.A.,M.S., recaps the season finale of Hotel Impossible and describes what hoteliers can learn.
- ADA Defense lawyer: Pool lift litigation proliferates. Why enterprise-wide compliance is the best solution By Jim Butler and the Global Hospitality Group, explains that cookie cutter lawsuits against hotels not complying with pool lift requirements are reaching epic proportions and what can be done about it.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.