Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Wake Up and Smell the Oil, It is not just a Lube Job By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S. and Joel Leonard, discuss the maintenance career opportunities especially for youth whom are struggling to find employment.
- Stop reactive work management practices By Tom Moriarty, P.E., CMRP talks about missed opportunities to improve work management practices as well as a huge waste of money when implementing a CMMS simply because proper buy-in was not achieved.
- Solar Energy – Closer to Grid Parity? Posted by green econometrics covers an industry first when First Solar broke the $1 per watt barrier.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable companies cap data use for revenue By Roger Yu, talks about the different types of data plans being tried by cable MSOs and that they are leaving consumers confused.
- The home entertainment industry pushes, but everybody wants to pull By Dan Blacharski, reports on what could be the beginning of a new content giant in Trova Networks which aims to be the first global digital content marketplace.
- Report: MSOs may rake in $7B in business services revenue this year By Mike Robuck, suggest that cable MSOs will have a great year improving business services revenue but that it will fall sharply shortly afterward as telco providers flex their muscle in response.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Innovation can improve guest satisfaction By Kevin Holt, talks about how innovation in every part of hospitality when used as a process will generate higher levels of consumer satisfaction.
- Hacker cracks 4 million hotel locks with James Bond Dry Erase MarkerPosted by The Daily Mail, identifies how easily it is to break hotel security locks that has put locks at over 20,000 hotels in jeopardy.
- U.S. hotels expected to spend $5 billion on improvements in 2012 By Hugo Martin, reports on projected spending by hoteliers for 2012 representing a 33% increase over 2011.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.