Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- The Three C’s of (Customizing Creates Costs)
By Dave Bertolini, weighs in on whether customization is necessary for CMMS products suggesting operational fundamentals are essentially the same making customization mostly cosmetic and costly.
- Four “Must-Have” Productivity Improvements By John Jessop and Eduardo Gallestey, discuss the convergence of operational and information technology and the
four factors that will enhance efficiency, responsiveness and profitability.
- Elevator Scare Tactics, Humor By Stuart Smith MBA, MS, posted a video in which an elevator floor falls out while people are in it. Will elevator maintenance ever be the same?
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Turning Cable Television Into Clean Energy By Neal Ungerleider, talks about the need for cable MSOs to cut operating costs for the large number of backup generators in place that ensure cable service is not interrupted.
- Boxee CEO Now a Friend of Big Cable? By Jeff Baumgartner, discusses Boxee’s new strategy to partner with cable operators thanks to the FCC’s recent rule change as well as Boxee’s announcement of a new set-top CPE.
- Verizon to get chummier with cable By Brian Santo, on Verizon’s desire for more collaboration between Telco’s and Cable MSOs as a result of technology changes forcing the two industries to meld.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Five Lessons Spas Learn Too Late By Leslie Lyon, is an excellent article that applies not only to Spas but almost any hotel or business.
- US tourism industry no longer invisible By Gavin Landry, covers the emergence of the hospitality industry as the largest U.S. export not in a box and sweeping government initiatives to reduce the wait time for visas.
- Lessons Learned from Past Recessions By Steve Rushmore, look at the how the hotel industry has fared through recent recessions and what could be done to help out in the current decline.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.