Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Facility and Park Managers Halloween Nightmares By Stuart Smith M.B.A.,M.S., explains why facilities and parks need to prepare for Halloween including a list of the top ten nightmares for maintenance professionals.
- You Think a Computerized Maintenance Management System Is an Option? By Gary Brown, starts his article with 6 questions that every facility or plant manager should ask. He then explains the meaning of each so that you can make an informed decision about the need for a CMMS.
- New Energy Code Expected to Bring Big Saving Posted on buildings.com, identifies the big changes in the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) including changes for historical buildings, controls for lighting and daylighting and HVAC applications.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- The Biggest Consumer Tech Industry You’ve Never Heard Of By John Solit, describes how cable MSOs are focusing on technology innovation to position them as industry leaders and to keep pace with perhaps even pass competitors with flashier products.
- Arris CEO: Motorola Brand Will Stick Around For Awhile By Jeff Baumgartner, highlights the reasons why Arris has decided to keep the Motorola brand for a couple of more years. Part of the justification is that CPE is becoming more advanced not dumb downed as previously expected.
- Comcast Set to Bundle Broadband & HBO By Mari Silbey, covers a couple of Comcast offerings that demonstrate that Comcast is realizing the increased importance of Internet service in the triple play, and that streaming services are critical to remaining competitive especially for those subscribers who do not want to pay for expensive sports stations.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Travel & Tourism Econmic Impact 2013 Posted by the World Travel & Tourism Council, highlights just how big an industry tourism is as the numbers for 2012 represent that the industry accounts for almost 10% of our nation’s GDP. The report breaks down these numbers and provides a forecast for the next 10 years.
- Energy Management Systems for Hotel Guest Rooms By Geoffrey Grochmal, talks about the challenges of setting up an energy management system and how there is no cookie-cutter approach.
- Cornell Study Finds That Sustainability Is Overall Revenue Neutral for Hotel Industry By Cornell University, researched the question (my version of the question) of “Is there a revenue benefit for a hotel to go green”? The answer is hotel dependent leading me to question whether the incentive for hoteliers to convert to an eco-certified hotel.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.