Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- So you Think you Know Everything about Electronic Waste – Let’s Find outBy Carol Baroudi, tests your knowledge of electronic waste and stresses how important it is to extend the useful life cycle of assets.
- CMMS: The Importance of Data with Susan Deane Posted in facilities.net, provides excerpts of a real-life CMMS example and how a CMMS benefits their organization.
- What Makes a Daredevil Successful? By Stuart Smith MBA, MS, looks at how technology and equipment inspections plays a vital role in modern daredevil stunts.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Cable ops reveal game plan for DOCSIS 3.1 By Jim Berthold, talks about how cable MSO are moving toward Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS) which will greatly enhance data upload speeds.
- Can Boxee reinvent cable with the help of a TV antenna? By Nilay Patel, reports on Boxee TV new device allowing unlimited recording and cloud coverage so you can play multiple shows simultaneously on PC’s phones and tablets.
- How cable industry could blow it, according to Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer By Gina Hall, covers a speech by Feltheimer that among other things indicates a growing trend to release movies to multiple outlets including directly to consumers at the same time.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Fixing Hotel Locks Will Cost Tens of Millions, Who is Paying? By Stuart Smith MBA, MS, looks at the Onity hotel lock fiasco and questions who is going to pay for the fixes offered. The current proposal puts too much burden on hotels who could end footing a bill for $20-50 million.
- Bed, Bathrobe and Beyond By Julie Weed, points out the extremes some hotels are going through to entice guests to return. On a side not, although luxury items are great, I would rather a hotel go to extremes making sure its assets are in optimal work order such as anon-smelling room, working HVAC and being clean.
- Management Over Easy – The Talent Fix For Casual Dining By David Mansbach, discusses how to expand hiring options for difficult to fill positions in the hotel dining industry.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.