Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- ASHRAE/IES Publish 2013 Energy Standard: Changes For Envelope, Lighting, Mechanical Sections By Jodi Scott, gives an overview of the major changes to requirements regarding building envelope, lighting, mechanical and the energy cost budget are contained in the newly published energy standard from ASHRAE and IES.
- Industrial plant networks go wireless By Sheila Kennedy, talks about how new wireless technology options simplify the management of dispersed, mobile, and hard-to-reach equipment and resources as well as provide maintenance managers with greater operational awareness.
- Preparing For Cool Weather By Mary Girsch-Bock, mentions 7 maintenance and inspection things that property manager can do to prepare properties for the winter months.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- INDUSTRY DATA Posted in the NCTA website is an interesting statistical snapshot of the cable business and includes data for capital expenditures, jobs, number of operators, and other key statistical data.
- Betting on Smart Homes By Mari Silbey, discusses how the smart home market is shaping up to be the battleground of the future for Cable MSOs as the home automation market is projected to grow 45% annually
- SCTE And CableLabs Make a Deeper Connection By Jeff Baumgartner, reports that SCTE and Cable labs have reached an agreement to combine efforts on DOCSIS certification and training that may bring products to market faster and with greater standardization.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Top 5 Trends in Hospitality for 2014 Infographic By Tom MacDonald, reviews the top 5 forecasted hospitality trends for 2014 including growth projections for the industry and importance of branding.
- Hotel Impossible – Ritz Inn By Stuart Smith M.B.A.,M.S., recaps the most recent episode of Hotel Impossible featuring the Ritz Inn and how some cultural traditions can negatively impact hotel operations.
- The Top 10 Hotel Images Travel Shoppers Want to See By VFM Leonardo, covers what consumers want to see on hotel websites. No surprise is that the number one wish is a view of guest rooms.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.