Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- Manufacturing’s comeback By Mike Bacidore, discusses how a rising GDP is helping to fuel manufacturer’s expectations.
- Why Enterprise Asset Management is Vital for Any Company Posted on positvearticles, is a nice overview of how an EAM fits within modern organizations.
- OPERATING COST FOR WALK-IN COOLERS AND FREEZERS Posted in Xinca, gives a concise breakdown of energy use and monthly costs of walk-in coolers and freezers.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- The Universal Problem With TV Everywhere By Jeanine Poggi, explains why cable MSOs along with satellite providers are not doing more to promote TV Everywhere. The main reason is that it is a free service that does not make economical sense to promote. My question is are cable MSOs shooting themselves in the foot by not promoting?
- Cable Cleared to Encrypt Basic TV Tiers By Jeff Baumgartner, on an FC vote in favor of lifting a ban on the encryption of basic cable service. He also covers the pros and cons should the action be carried through.
- The TV Industry’s New Rorschach Test By Tony Cardinale,talks about the importance of measuring television catching up with technology and viewing habits of consumers. Most notably is that Nelsen ratings are essentially useless.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Making Hotel Maintenance Fun By Stuart Smith M.B.A., M.S., takes a quick look some silly ideas how to make hotel maintenance fun along with some more practical ideas.
- Help wanted: The disappearing hotel GM By Patrick Mayock, discusses a trend growing in the hotel industry that is mirrored in other industries which is a lack of skilled professionals as a result of image problems.
- Hackers Crack Hotel Room Locks With A Tool Disguised As A Dry Erase Marker By Andy Greenberg, covers a series of blogs posted by hackers who developed a hotel lock hacking device that affects locks in 22,000 hotels around the world.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.