Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- 5 Time Wasters for Reliability Engineers to Avoid By Josh Rothenberg identifies 5 ways to fail to get good results from assets that really discusses what happens when there is no maintenance plan or an effective management plan.
- How to digitize documents with CMMS By David Berger, P. Engon discusses the fundamental change that modern CMMS programs have on document management.
- SUBMETERING OF BUILDING ENERGY AND WATER USAGE By National Science and Technology Council Committee on Technology is a whitepaper with the analysis and recommendations of the
subcommittee on buildings technology research and development offering building managers one of the quickest and most cost efficient routes to energy cost savings.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Why The Movie Industry Can’t Innovate and the Result is SOPA By Steve Blank points out the “cry Wolf” mentality that new technology often raises. Great article.
- CES: Will Smart, Pirate-Enabled TV Wound The Cable Biz? By Eric Savitz aptly summarized – “while you can certainly get people to ooh and ah over cool gadgets, at the end of the day what matters is how they can be used. Content is king, now and forever”
- Business services: can MSOs compete with the big guys? By Samantha Bookman discusses why business services will dominate MSO conversation for the first half of 2012.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- A New Year’s Eve Hotel Management Nightmare Come True By Stuart Smith, MBA, MS talks about how well hotel maintenance staff handled the New Year’s Eve guestroom locking problems at hotels across the Nation.
- What Is The Difference Between Hospitality Excellence and Mediocrity?By Doug Kennedy examines how two hotels in the same area with the same resources can provide totally different levels of service.
- Be my guest: 7 ways to improve service By Joseph Smith keeps with the customer service theme this week by talking about 7 different ways to improve hotel customer service and the bottom line.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.