Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- The ABC’s of Maintenance Management By Stuart Smith MBA, MS mists the ABC’s of asset and maintenance management.
- Is Dry Carpet Cleaning Right For You? By Anne Vazquez, covers the advantages of dry carpet cleaning as well as how the process uses significantly less water and reduces energy consumption by 85% versus hot water extraction.
- Energy manager’s job keeps changing By Peter Garforth explains why the energy manager’s job has become far more complex managing multiple, often conflicting, uncertainties.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Industry Has Mixed Reaction to FCC’s Lifeline/Linkup Reform By Jason Garcia discusses legislation would prevent state and local governments from charging communications services taxes on “digital goods”.
- Verizon Crosses Web Lines By Anton Trolianovski, Thomas Catan and Shalini Ramachandran discuss the joint operations between Verizon and Comcast that could signal an end to a long bitter feud as well as Verizon’s need for broadband access.
- Industry Has Mixed Reaction to FCC’s Lifeline/Linkup Reform By John Eggerton talks about the new lifeline/linkup FCC reform that shifted lifeline to cable MSO’s.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Brazil overtakes UK as world’s 6th largest economyPosted on 4hoteliers.com shares information that Brazil is growing by leaps and bounds and is a fast growing regions for hospitality.
- Mild winter can’t put freeze on ski resorts By Carter Wilson reports that the 5th warmest winter has not significantly affected ski resorts yet as slopes are at marginal ski levels.
- Hotel managers labor to control labor By Robert Mandelbaum talks about the costs of labor and how it is being managed in the hotel industry.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.