Each week Mintek will bring you selected links to stories about EAM & CMMS systems, as well as news for our two largest industries Cable and Lodging.
EAM CMMS News
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on asset, document and maintenance management, as well as, inspections and other topics related to EAM and CMMS software.
- An EAM Improves a Lack of Communication By Stuart Smith,MBA, MS examines how an EAM can be utilized to increase communication in an organization.
- People are assets, too By Gary Pearsons discusses the importance of training in order to optimize plant staffing assets.
- Get Ready for Super Fracking! Posted on New Energy and Fuel announcing the new technology to increase the effectiveness of the highly controversial Fracking method of mining.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on cable industry trends and challenges.
- Deloitte: 1 Out of 5 Have (or Will) Cut The TV Cord By Karl Bode reports that a study showed 20% of people have either already cut the cable cord or plan too soon.
- Is CPE Repair a Thing of the Past? By Stuart Smith,MBA, MS takes a look at the future of CPE management when CPE repairs become a thing of the past.
- CES 2012: Television makers push Google TV in Las Vegas Posted by the LA Times discusses The prospects for Google TV — which combines traditional television, the Internet, apps and search capabilities.
In this section we will include articles from around the web (including ours) that will focus on the Lodging industry trends and challenges.
- Checking out: The biggest story of 2012 By Patrick Mayock covering the story of six of the world’s biggest hotel chains joined together to launch Room Key, a new brand-direct distribution channel.
- EIA Report: Renewable Energy Sources Expanding Rapidly By Glenn Hasek talks about the latest reports of hotels implementing renewable energy strategies.
- Panicking about distribution? Pump the brakes By Jason Q. Freed discusses why Google’s foray into travel search is not a reason for panic.
If you have an interesting story that you would like mentioned, send the link to Stuart.email@example.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.