Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS news in the U.S.
This week’s EAM news focuses on maintenance programs in facilities and their value and a manufacturer violation in Texas.
- Does Your Maintenance Program Stack Up, Or Is It Costing You Money? by Rigo Frias, Is your maintenance program stacking up to the needs of your facility or is it costing you more money due to a faulty system?
- Texas Feed Manufacturer Cited For 22 Violations by Rachelle Blair-Frasier, A recent inspection of a Texas feed manufacturer reveled more than 20 safety violations.
Cable News around the Globe
This week’s cable updates focus on new bids/acquisitions, new internet policies going into effect starting in 2017, and representatives stepping down.
- Altice Spins Out Technical Workforce in US by Mari Silbey, After announcing plans late last month to deploy a fiber-to-the-home network across its entire US footprint over the next five years, Altice USA has now confirmed the creation of a new company composed of US-based technical employees to execute on that rollout.
- 21st Century Fox Confirms $14.6B Bid for Sky by Iain Morris, Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox has agreed to pay £11.7 billion ($14.6 billion) for full ownership of Sky, satisfying a long-held ambition to control the European satellite company.
- Wheeler to Leave FCC Next Month by Alan Breznick, Wheeler announced this morning that he plans to step down from the FCC on January 20, the day that Donald Trump is slated to be sworn in as the next US president.
- Internet Privacy Rules Take Effect Jan. 3 by Mari Silbey, A new set of Commissioners will hold sway at the FCC starting in January, but that’s not stopping the current Democratic majority from implementing new Internet privacy rules passed in October.
- In Philly, Comcast Trumps Muni Broadband by Mari Silbey, As the home to broadband giant Comcast Corp., Philadelphia is now partnering with the cable company to develop an Institutional Network bundled with commercial broadband services.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Blount@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.