Mintek brings you the latest in EAM/CMMS systems and news in the major cable industries each week from around the globe. Learn how these new developments in EAM/CMMS and cable can affect your business or home.
EAM/CMMS in Businesses and Natural Disasters
This week’s EAM/CMMS news focuses on how the implementation of an EAM/CMMS could help prevent against damage in U.S snow storms.
- No Rest for the Weary: Another Wet, Snowy Storm Heads for Middle of U.S. reported by Alex Johnson, A new winter storm was plowing toward the Plains and the Great Lakes, threatening to pile as much as a foot of new snow Monday in areas still assessing the impact of a Thanksgiving weekend storm.
Cable News in Your Neighborhood
This week’s cable updates focus around expansion in streaming services in the upcoming year, and how cable operators are thankful for their business services.
- Cable Gives Thanks for Business Services by Alan Breznick, If there’s one thing that cable operators can be thankful for this holiday season, it’s business services. According to the latest MSO figures compiled by Heavy Reading, business services will end up generating more than $12 billion for American cable companies this year.
- Helping Streaming Video Steam Ahead by Alan Arolovitch, There’s a reason, other than free WiFi, that people appreciate having coffee shops on virtually every corner. A local source for a dose of caffeine limits waiting. For the coffee shop owner, less waiting means happier customers — who will return.
- TiVo’s Future Looks Nothing Like Its Past by Mari Silbey, Just a decade ago, TiVo had no cable operator customers. Today, its cable-generated subscribers vastly outnumber its retail subscriber base. And that’s just the beginning of a story that paints TiVo’s future as one diverging rapidly from its past.
- Frontier Gives Telco TV a Boost by Mari Silbey, After a dismal couple of quarters on the telco TV front in the US, Frontier is hoping to add some spark with the launch of its IP-based FrontierTV service in Durham, N.C.
If you have an interesting story that you would like shared, please send the link to Kelly.Potter@mintek.com. Mintek reserves the right to select any and all content.