Thanksgiving is upon us, so we want to take this time and spend it with our loved ones and friends and have a safe and fantastic holiday. Now, for our facility owners, you want to have peace of mind that your operations are running smoothly while you’re gone.
Let’s take a look at the 5-course checklist that all facility owners should do before taking off for the holiday.
What’s on Your Holiday Menu?
- Turkey and Stuffing: Facility Foundation – Your facility itself is the most important component and all the assets that reside in it. In order to keep track of maintenance and your assets, you need a proper EAM CMMS system. Just as Turkey is the staple of any traditional Thanksgiving a proper EAM CMMS is the foundation of your facility.
- Mashed Potatoes: Insulation – The old family recipe may still work for mashed potatoes but when it comes to maintenance new upgrades may be needed. Make sure to check for moisture or leaks especially in areas with a lot of rain fall or snow. Regular maintenance can be the difference between a new unit or extending its lifecycle.
- Green Bean Casserole: Energy Efficiency – A Thanksgiving dinner always needs something green on the plate, and green can play a dominant role whether it’s cash flow or energy management. Maintaining assets properly can either save or lose you money. For example, if you maintain your HVAC units refrigerant levels, you will produce 20% in energy savings. That’s one of many ways to keep your assets running smoothly and efficiently.
- Cranberry Sauce: Cleanliness/Stains – Cranberry sauce can be sweet, but it can also stain your clothes making it a not so sweet thing to clean off later. It is the same for cleanliness and appearance around your facility, particularly hotels. Maintaining a good appearance can increase reviews on your hotel where as 1 negative review can cost you 30 customers.
- Rolls and Butter: Functionality – The final touch to your dinner plate is having your roll and butter to scoop up all the goodness; they are good separate, but together they make a perfect combination. The same could be said with the functionality of your assets. If one item breaks, it could then affect the functionality of other asset’s life-span or performance.
These are just five of many simple maintenance ingredients that can increase your facility’s assets functionality and decrease overall cost. We at Mintek hope that you all have a safe and happy holiday!
Let us know how we can help after the holidays on your facility.