As many of you know, Judgment Day according to some interpretations of the Bible along with some creative math will occur tomorrow, May 21, 2011
“…when the clock says about 6 p.m., there’s going to be this tremendous earthquake that’s going to make the last earthquake in Japan seem like nothing in comparison. And the whole world will be alerted that Judgment Day has begun. And then it will follow the sun around for 24 hours. As each area of the world gets to that point of 6 p.m. on May 21, then it will happen there, and until it happens, the rest of the world will be standing far off and witnessing the horrible thing that is happening.”
Source:Harold Camping in interview with New York Magazine,
The Asset Manager’s Bucket List
Now that Judgment Day is imminent, asset managers need to take a moment and reflect on their work and life. Some suggestions for a bucket list for the next 24 hours include:
- Tell the boss he is going to Hell for not buying an EAM system.
- Give everyone the raise they think they deserve.
- Mark all the outstanding work orders complete.
- Drink a six pack and play “How close can I come to this turbine without getting sucked in.”
- Shut down all facilities – no sense on wasting money on dead people.
- Tell your contractors to meet you at 6:05 PM to receive more work at double the rates.
- Cancel all maintenance activity, take your staff for a ride on the lower Mississippi and buy them t-shirts saying “I survived the flood.”
- Place all your life savings on your final bet on The Preakness.
- Pull the fire alarm at 5:55 PM to see if the fire department responds.
- Jump off a cliff and see if your friends follow.
When/if you wake up on Sunday morning will it be like the final Newhart episode and you find out your life is just a nightmare. What will you do over the next 24 hours?